What is a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)?
A Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) is a health care professional who is specialized and certified to teach people with diabetes how to manage their condition. At Cecelia Health we have a national network of more than 100 CDEs who are outstanding, results-based patient motivators that leverage our proprietary technology to empower people to improve their health. Our CDEs are multilingual and are able to quickly establish therapeutic alliance over multiple channels.
All Cecelia Health coaches are...
- Clinicians (RD, RN, PharmD) with the Certified Diabetes Educator credential
- Knowledgeable about diabetes self-management factors (financial, psychosocial, side effects, medication, nutrition, activity)
- Outstanding patient motivators
- Behavior-change therapy experts
- Multilingual (English, Spanish, Chinese dialects)
- Flexible to meet patients where they are
- Compassionate with every patient